Assembly Department Manager
Helix Linear Technologies is seeking an Assembly Department Manager to join our Beachwood, Ohio team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assembly Department Manager oversees and assists in building made-to-order mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Oversee Assembly Department operations and implement best practices
- Work closely with internal groups and departments, including shipping, sales, engineering, quality, and operations, to troubleshoot problem areas and confirm production needs are met
- Establish and monitor departmental metrics and KPIs in a manufacturing environment
- Hire and manage the development and training of new machine operators
- Provide direction, coaching, and leadership that promotes company values and a positive culture
- Assign work to operators and allocate appropriate resources across the department based on daily workload
- Maintain high-quality standards and ensure accuracy
- Review and manage production efficiencies
- Work with the team to increase productivity through new ideas, department layout, cross-training, tooling and fixturing, and other recommendations resulting in reduced downtime and increased throughput
- Maintaining and promoting a safe work environment, ensuring employees follow safety protocols and procedures
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of proven leadership experience managing a team
- Strong technical aptitude
- A Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands-on individual
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a critical
Our culture is rooted in agility, responsiveness, and teamwork. Our team comprises happy, competitive professionals who are experts in manufacturing innovative electromechanical linear motion solutions. We strive to exceed our customers' expectations in all interactions and are committed to continuous improvement.
Helix Linear Technologies
Helix Linear Technologies is a global manufacturer of lead screws, ball screws, and linear actuation solutions. Our innovative product design and world-class engineering capabilities solve real-world linear motion issues for clients in the aerospace, medical, life science, security, semiconductor, and defense industries. We help our customers build a foundation for long-term success by achieving their application and profitability goals.
To apply for any of our open career opportunities, please complete our job application HERE.