Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for designing, testing, or implementing new product, and the engineering support for all existing products. We are looking for a range of experience levels. We welcome new graduates with intern experience and also candidates with more senior experience and design background in SolidWorks, GD&T, etc..
- Design, configure, and provide production support for linear motion components.
- Utilize SolidWorks to generate component and assembly drawings.
- Maintain documentation, permanent files, and drawings as needed.
- Work closely with applications engineering and design team to integrate all specification constraints into the product design and to ensure the product is robust and designed for manufacturability.
- Direct contact with manufacturing personnel, outside vendors, and customers to produce prototypes, initiate test programs, develop production components and specify associated tooling and equipment as required.
- Assure that design features are communicated to people associated with the project/program (including customer contact) through design reviews, memos, specifications, etc.
- Support production through design of custom fixtures, tools or machinery to ensure product quality and efficiency.
- Normal office environment.
- Time will be shared between office and production floor (air-conditioned).
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Zero to five years related experience (new graduates must have internship experience).
- Effective communication and analytical skills to solve problems effectively and efficiently; Ability to establish priorities, work independently, proceed with objectives and direct the work of others with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD design software.
- Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) using ASME Y14.5-2009
- ERP System experience (Epicor preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of materials (steel, aluminum, thermoplastics) as well as heat treat specifications, plating and other part finishing techniques
- Familiarity with motor controls, instrumentation and LabVIEW is a plus
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.